What is a ductless, mini-split AC system?
Like regular central AC systems, ductless
mini-split AC systems place the noisy compressor and condenser outside of your home. But best of all, ductless AC systems:
- They are virtually silent – much quieter than loud window or central AC systems
- Ductless air conditioning systems are smaller and less expensive than central AC systems
- Do not require a basement, or attic, located evaporator unit
- Eliminate the need for bulky ductwork by using thin copper tubing to pump refrigerant directly to blowers that are neatly mounted on the wall inside your home.
Unlike central AC systems, ductless mini-split air conditioning systems work in reverse during winter, absorbing heat from the air outside and moving it inside to heat your home for efficient year round cooling and heating. And, ductless AC systems come
in a range of capacities and configurations to fit even the most difficult living spaces.
How a Ductless Air Conditioner Works
Advantages of a Ductless Air Conditioner system:
- Easy installation
- Improved energy efficiency - no ductwork means you lose less than 5% cooling vs. up to 40% for traditional central AC systems, with increased efficiencies up to 27.2-SEER to help lower your utility billsDuctwork installation
isn’t required, which means less hassle, less expense and more efficiency for you
- One outdoor condenser can be connected to multiple indoor units-- each with its own programmable remote for individual zone control
- Functions as a heating unit in the winter months for better year round energy savings
- No bulky AC system components inside the home or hanging out of walls or windows -- piping can often be routed through walls to maintain your home’s aesthetic
- Remote control options enable you to control temperatures in different rooms or zones of the home.
- Helps you live a little greener, the R410A refrigerant in most systems is designed to be environmentally friendly.
- Makes your home more secure. Since units are mounted high on a wall, away from windows, there’s less entry points for burglars
- You enjoy an unobstructed view all summer, unlike window AC units